We simply cannot afford this.
Our representatives must hear from us before Friday, and we must urge them to vote against H.R. 2454. Your call today could change the game.
If you are looking for what to say, here’s a list of facts about how the energy tax would:
1. Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
2. Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
3. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
4. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
5. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
6. Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
7. Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per personSource for facts: Heritage Foundation